» Knowledge through passion. «
This series is deprecated, part two and three will probably not be written anymore.
However, this can be used as an introduction to Spring Data Rest.
Welcome to part one of this series about building a web application using AngularJS and Spring Data Rest.
You will learn how to:
- build a Java-based CRUD web application using AngularJS and Spring Data Rest
- consume the REST API of Spring Data Rest in AngularJS in a reusable way
- use Spring Data JPA to abstract from the underlying RDBM
- properly map entities and associations with the help of Spring Data Rest
- combine the validation mechanisms of Spring Data Rest and AngularJS
- authenticate your users with Spring Security
- use the event mechanisms of Spring Data Rest to satisfy complexer business constraints
- use Gradle, Bower and Gulp for dependency management, building and test running
- organize your files accurately
This post focuses on setting up the Java-based REST API.